A great dip and appetizer for hot summer days. Its unique tangy flavor is because of the use of pomegranate concentrate and fresh pomegranate. It is perfect with grilled meat, kobheh and all kinds of meat dishes.
- 1 big eggplant
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 cup packed chopped parsley
- 2 or 3 tablespoons pomegranate concentrate
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2 gloves mashed garlic
- A dash of cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the eggplant. Deep fry it in oil until golden brown or you can line a baking pan with aluminum foil, put the eggplant slices and drizzle with some oil and roast in 350 oven for 20 minutes or until soft. Eggplants can also grilled for an great flavor.
- Cut the eggplant into half an inch chunks.
- Chop the tomato and parsley.
- Mix the garlic, the pomegranate concentrate and seeds, salt and spices and add to the tomato and parsley and mix well.
- Add the eggplant and mix lightly.
- Scoop in a serving platter, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with parsley leaves and pomegranate seeds.