Who has not heard of hummus? One of the most traditional dips in Syria. Its unique texture and taste will make any sandwich a great meal. You can’t have kabab or any grilled meat without it.
- 2 cups boiled chick peas (garbanzo beans), or one can
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put all ingredients in a food processer and process until they reach desired consistency.
- If you are using garlic, make sure you process it first alone.
- You can add some water to make the mixture as thin as you want.