The most important dressing for Syrian sandwiches. Simple to make and keeps well. Add it to grilled meat, fried veggies, falafel and shawerma.
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients in a food processor and mix for 30 seconds.
- If you choose to mix them by hand, make sure to add the lemon juice little by little to tahini. Tahini will thicken first as you add the liquid and will crumble if you add it all at once.
- Add seasoning when the mix reaches desired consistency. Tarator has the consistency of store-bought dressings.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Will keep for 3-4 days.