If you like dipping then this is your ultimate dish! Three layers of mutabal, tomato stew and parsley that blend in your mouth with a unique flavor.
- 1 recipe of Mutabal (without olive oil)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Half a bunch parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Bharat (Syrian Spice Mix)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the tomato stew, saute the onion on medium heat, add the meat and brown it stirring frequently. Finally add the diced tomato and tomato paste, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the stew is warm, you can put the layers together. Start with some mutabal (at room temperature), then an equivalent amount of tomato stew, then sprinkle liberally with chopped parsley.
- Dip flat bread ears to get a sample of all three layers in every bite.