Green beans is slowly cooked with ground beef and tomato. It is served with rice and Syrian salad on the side. An easy and healthy dish for your busy days if you have already-cut green beans.
- 2 pounds cut (or french-cut) green beans
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomato
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Bharat (Syrian Spice Mix)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and wash the green beans and cut them.
- Peel and cut the garlic.
- Heat the oil then add the garlic and stir for a minute until they start to turn yellow.
- Add the meat and brown it until done, then add the tomato and green beans and water. Stir and cook for 40-45 minutes on medium heat until they are done.
- Stir occasionally checking the liquid level. Add some water if necessary. Add the spices and salt half way through.
- Serve hot with peppered rice and side Syrian salad.
Yields 5-6 servings