Want a hearty yet nutritious and light meal? Leek is your answer. Cooked w/out meat and served with bread and lemon, leek will definitely surprise you with its subtle smooth taste.
- 3 pounds leek
- 1/2 pound ground beef/lamb
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 2 lemons (for serving)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and wash the leeks, then chop into 1/2-3/4 inch pieces (both white and green parts.
- Saute the chopped onion. Add the meat and brown until done. Add salt and pepper.
- Add leeks to the meat and turn the heat down. Mix a little and add 1/4 cup of water and cover. Check again after 10 minutes and keep checking and mixing every 10 minutes until all leek is tender. There should always be a little water in the bottom of the pot so the leek does not burn.
- Leave on low to low-medium heat for about an hour (in total). Make sure to adjust salt and spice.
- Serve warm with flat break and lemon wedges