Use this light dough to make different varieties of appetizer pastries such as Olive mini pies and spinach pies. You can also use it to make pizza. If in a hurry, substitute with ready-made biscuit dough).
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canola or corn oil
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the dry ingredients. Add the oil and kneed, then add the milk gradually and keep kneading for 8-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and incorporated.
- Spray a bowl with some oil and place the dough and cover. Leave in room temperature (on the warmer side) for an hour. It should double in size.
- Knead a little before use
- This dough is great for all types of mini pies such as Borak Zaitoon (Olive mini pies), spinach pies and cheese pies.