Another easy-to-make savory pastry that will add extra zing to your appetizer parties and snacks. Green olives and red pepper go perfectly together in many Syrian dishes.
- 1/2 pound pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers
- small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac (optional)
- Chili pepper to taste (your favorite variety)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- No salt
- 1/2 a recipe Ajeen (Savory Dough), or 2 ready-made biscuit dough (10 count each)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Seed and quarter the peppers, rub with little olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. You can also substitute with sun-dried red bell pepper, or marinated. make sure to press the marinated variety to get rid of as much water as possible.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Chop the peppers and add to the onion, together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick oil and place the pies an inch apart (they will grow bigger).
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. They are usually served with a variety of other savory parties. I recommend you used Syrian or a variety of Middle Easter green olives. The Jarred varieties available in the market are in no way close in flavor and crunchiness.
Makes 20 pies