Warm beans are mixed with garlic, tomatoes and lemon vinaigrette. Cumin completes the flavor and is a must in all bean dishes. This dish makes a healthy tasty breakfast.
- 1 cup small fava beans
- 1 cup chick peas
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 cloves mashed garlic
- 1 chopped green onion (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the beans in their stock in a microwave for 20-30 seconds just to warm them up a little.
- Drain from stock and add chopped tomato, parsley, garlic, and onion.
- Whisk together lemon, oil, cumin, pepper and salt and add to salt.
- Mix well and sever with warm pita bread.