An easy yet delicious dish full of flavor, perfect for those days when you have little time but big appetite! Zucchini is cooked with tomato and some ground beef and served with peppered rice.
- 1 pound chopped zucchini
- 14 oz diced tomato
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 clove mashed garlic
- 1 chopped meduim onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed mint
- 1/2 teaspoon Bharat (Syrian Spice Mix)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onion in oil and add the ground beef when it becomes translucent. Brown the meat adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- add the zucchini and stir with the meat for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat.
- add the tomato, salt, garlic, spices and mint and stir occasionally until the mixture comes to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with peppered rice.