A dip with a vivid color enough to cheer any table and satisfy any taste. Very simple yet subtle flavor by combining beet, garlic, lemon and tahini.
- 2 big beets (or 1 can)
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 glove mashed garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the beets and boil/bake until tender. You should know when a fork is inserted easily all the way through a beet.
- Cool the beets and put in the food processor until you have a coarse mixture.
- Drain from fluid but do not squeeze dry.
- Add all ingredients together except the oil and mix well with a spoon.
- Plate and garnish with some olive oil.