A favorite appetizer party dish, both flavorful and easy to make. Traditionally it is round-shaped like a saucer, but this is a very easy recipe that tastes exactly the same.
- 1 packet puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 pound ground lamp or beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Saute the onion until translucent then add the meat and brown. Add salt, pepper, tahini, and pomegranate molasses and cook for two minutes.
- Meanwhile spread the pastry sheet until it is 9″*12″ and cut into 12 squares.
- put the squares in a 12 muffin pan (there should be 24 pieces of dough that you can make in 2 patches since puff pastry comes with two sheets).
- Distribute meat mixture over the dough, and garnish each with 2-3 pine nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until edges are pink
- Bake and serve. Safiha is best when served immediately.
Makes 24 mini pies